Thursday, June 1, 2017

A Creative invitation

As I have been researching how unchurched people found themselves attending church or bible study there was a SIMPLE yet profound insight (Its actually how I got invited and involved in a local church)....

1. The got intentionally INVITED by a FRIEND

I turned to the bible and in creation the first thing God God mentioned that was not good...

The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." Genesis 2:18 (NIV)

Loneliness drove God to create EVE, a friend and companion, the first friendship, the fist family was birthed.

I took a look at our human need for friendship with others and with God
I looked at what drives us to make friends
I looked at dating process... journey to find that one true lifetime companion
I looked at marriage & how we celebrate when people find their on true faithful, loyal and committed lifetime companion to share life with through sickness and in health richer or poorer.

I looked at Facebook friend request and the most powerful contageous global tool used by social media. I laughed as I see that it is not in fact a new idea we simple humans have just caught on to its purpose, to connect people to each other. 

I concluded that Jesus simply personally invited people to follow Him.. an irresistible friendship request accepted by 12 friends look at the adventure and countless committed friendships developed throughout the ages to this very day. Millions have been invited since some have accepted some have declined the invitation... but that God gave us free choice and wont force His friendship on us. 

In essence this ministry is focused on making that friend invitatation with Jesus, and the local church invitation, irresistable, authentic and effective. Men to too many mettings at 

I challenge Christian's & Churches to change the culture inviting themselves to their own conferences and friendship/clubs mens meetings, ladies meetings etc...(all beneficial to us) 

The invite needs to get extended outside of ourselves.

Dictionary definition:
loneliness
ˈləʊnlɪnɪs/
noun
  1. 1.
    sadness because one has no friends or company.
    "feelings of depression and loneliness"
    synonyms:isolation, friendlessness, lack of friends/companions, forsakenness, abandonmentrejectionMore
  2. 2.
    (of a place) the quality of being unfrequented and remote; isolation.
    "the loneliness of the farm"






No comments:

Post a Comment